With the launch of the Mainnet in sight on March 15th, Theta is releasing the first version of the Theta wallet for Android OS. The Apple iOS version of the Theta wallet has also been submitted to the Apple Store and will be released soon. The users will be able to store their Theta tokens and participate in the Mainnet token swap, on which they will also receive Theta Fuel tokens at a ratio of 1:5.
The Theta wallet can be used to securely store the following assets:
- Theta Tokens of the upcoming Theta Mainnet
- Theta Fuel, the operational token of the Theta blockchain
- Ethereum and ERC20 Theta Tokens
Because the Theta wallet can support both the existing ERC20 Theta token as well as all tokens on the Theta Mainnet, it’s the ideal program to handle the upcoming mainnet token swap and Theta Fuel distribution. The procedure to swap your existing tokens is simple:
- Download the Theta wallet
- Follow the in-app instructions to set up your wallet and record your mnemonic phrase
- Transfer your ERC20 Theta Tokens to the Theta wallet (make sure to send a small test transaction first!)
Once the users setup their mnemonic phrase to secure the wallet, the tokens will be kept in cold storage. Later on, Ledger & Trezor hardware wallets will also support the Theta blockchain tokens. Stay tuned for more exciting news from Theta throughout February and March.